If you’ve ever booked a trip using your credit card rewards then you know how, well… rewarding that feels! You’ve spent, you’ve earned, you’ve accumulated and now it’s time for you to reap the benefits from your strategic purchase making. Whether it’s flights, hotel rooms, meals or other deals you deserve those rewards, miles or points - whatever you prefer calling them.
Then along comes a shifty group of politicians from both sides of the aisles who are seeking to rain on your parade. That’s right, they want to get rid of credit card rewards. Well, I’m sure you can imagine, that doesn’t sit so well with us. So, here is our list of the top five things these DC bozos should do instead of ruining our good times.
- TERM LIMITS - If my wonderful vacation must end then so should Nancy Pelosi’s time in office! Come on, let’s be real here, folks. Do you trust anyone who has been in public service for longer than thirty years? I don’t care who you vote for but something doesn’t smell right if you’ve been passing bills since Tom Brady passed touchdowns. I say get your grubby hands off my PTO plans and retire already!
- MAKE HALLOWEEN A NATIONAL HOLIDAY - Folks, Halloween is on a Monday this year. I don’t know about you but I’m not thrilled to have to go trick or treating with my kids after a long day at the office. Now sure, you can take the kiddos around the neighborhood the day before if you want. I get it. But that doesn’t make it right. In fact, it’s almost as wrong as taking away credit card rewards! Let’s solve this egregious error before making an even worse one, shall we?
- GET RID OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - Now, before you tell me they already did this let me ask you something. Is the time going to change this Fall? The answer is yes. Granted, it’s supposed to be the last time it changes ever but that doesn’t mean the same doofus Senators who are trying to steal my credit card rewards won’t suddenly have a change of hart on stealing an extra hour out of my day. In short, I’ll believe it when I see it!
- WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS? - I’m sorry, but weren’t we promised flying cars by now? I remember growing up thinking the glorious 21st Century was going to be full of traffic jams in the sky. Why does it feel like we’re closer to Transformers being real then we are taking to the clouds on our way to buy some eggs and bread? Congress! Give me my flying car or give me death! Not literally, of course. My Nissan Rogue will do just fine but it sure would be nice to get some of these other yahoos off the freeway already!
- MAKE THE SUPER BOWL A HOLIDAY - I know what you’re thinking. Are we really doing another holiday based reason for Congress to not get rid of our credit card rewards? Answer is, “YES WE ARE!” Why? Because ANYTHING is better than making card rewards illegal! Also, I’m sick of having to go back to work the day after watching millionaires SLAM into each other at break neck (literally) speed for my enjoyment. I need at least one day to digest all of these wings!
Well, that’s it. I’m spent. Now all we can do is hope Congress doesn’t mess this one up. Fingers crossed! Until next time, this is Erik the Travel Guy, get out, see the world and I’ll see you in line at security